Callisto is installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 or later server.
The following server roles are required:
- Web server
- SQL Server Database instance (this can be SQL Express)
The following Powershell will install the required Windows Components:
Run the Callisto MSI and install the product to your chosen path.
Adding the license key
We need to add the trial or full version license key to Callisto.
- Open IIS Admin, browse to the Callisto website and open Application Settings.
- Edit the Callisto LicenseKey value and paste in the license key provided to you.
(Callisto is installed to port 80 by default, you can change this in the installer and later with IIS Admin if you wish.)
- Browse to the server, the login page is displayed, login with admin, the initial password is “123qwe”
- Set a new password when prompted and log back in.
Assign database permissions
1. Callisto requires read-only access to the System Center databases, this is granted to each of the Configuration Manager, Service Manager, Operations Manager databases using SQL Management Studio. There are a few ways to achieve this, our recommendation is to grant the Callisto Server account datareader rights to each database.
2. Open SQL Management Studio and connect to the required SQL instance(s). Execute the following script replacing the domain\computername and database names. (Example is for Configuration Manager, simply replace the USE CM_DB1 database name with “OperationsManager”, “OperationsManagerDW” or “ServiceManager” for the other workloads):
CREATE LOGIN [domain\computername$] FROM WINDOWS;
CREATE USER [domain\computername$];
CREATE ROLE db_executor
GRANT EXECUTE TO db_executor
ALTER ROLE db_datareader ADD MEMBER [domain\computername$]
ALTER ROLE db_executor ADD MEMBER [domain\computername$]
Setting up Database Connections
1. Navigate to the Administration – Settings page
The Connection Strings section contains areas for each of the database connections Callisto might use.
The most likely configuration of these requires you to modify the Data Source and Initial Catalog entries as below:
2. Data Source=SERVERNAME;Initial Catalog=CM_AP0;Integrated Security=True
Assigning roles and rights
The user role specifies which components of the Callisto interface a user can access. For example, you may want to provide a user with access to Service Manager data only, excluding them from the Configuration Manager and Operations Manager views. Callisto is provided with a view for Service Manager, Operations Manager and Configuration Manager out of the box.
Creating User Accounts
Navigate to Administration – Users. The Create New User option allows you to add users to Callisto.
Select the roles to assign to the user and set the username and password properties.
N.B. Only select to Send Activation Email if you have previously configured the SMTP connector in Settings – Email (SMTP) or the user creation will fail with an error.